There is so much more to being a runner than simply following a training plan and finishing a run. Join us on March 10th for the second annual Toronto Run Summit – a forum for runners of all levels to connect and explore a variety of topics to invigorate their running and the lives they lead beyond the road!
WHEN: Sunday, March 10th, 2019.
- 10:00am – 12:00pm – Series of breakout sessions led by The Runner’s Academy and local partners
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm – Lunch provided by The Food Runners
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm – Panel discussions
- 3:00pm on – Social 5k run and post-run social (Snacks provided by Xact Nutrition)
(Click above for map, transit and driving directions, parking information and more)
WHAT: Gathering of Toronto runners for a series of breakout sessions, panel discussions and social.
A series of 20-minute sessions presented by The Runner’s Academy and incredible local partners designed to help you elevate your running game. Topics to be explored include:
- Drills to Drive Great Form
- Mental Strategies to Perform Fearlessly
- Pre- and Post-Run Mobility
- Strength for Run Performance
Panel Discussions Moderated by Kate Van Buskirk – track athlete with Team Canada, 2-time National Champion, and former national record holder in the indoor mile. Kate is currently host and producer of Canadian Running Magazine’s podcast, The Shakeout.
PANEL 1 – Breakthroughs and Heartbreak
- Whether you are elite or building your running around that 9-5 life, we can all relate to the highs and lows of striving to achieve huge accomplishments, regardless of how we may define them for ourselves. This panel will include runners from recreational to Olympians as we explore the experiences that we all share as runners.
Breakthroughs and Heartbreak Panelists:
- Gabriela DeBues-Stafford (@gabrielastafford)
- Sami Jibril (@samijibril)
- Corey Bellemore (@coreybellemore)
- Lisa Sweetman (@xiaolaisa + @earthandcity)
- Donna Verge (@donnathecanuck)
PANEL 2 – Intersections
- Most runners will tell you that running makes them better in all other realms of their lives. This panel will explore ways in which running inspires and elevates our lives outside of running, including arts and culture, business, community development, and health.
- MANGO PEELER (@mango_peeler)
- Mike Anderson (@blacktoemike + @blacktoerunning)
- Heather Gardner (@catchingheather + @tribe_fitness)
- Nils Blondon (@officialteamunbreakable)
- Richard Kuchinsky (@rkuchinsky + @directivecollective)
This event is for all levels and abilities; come for a couple of presentations or stay for the whole session!
HOW MUCH: $50.00+hst – Proceeds will be donated to Team Unbreakable
About Team Unbreakable:
Team Unbreakable promotes physical health for mental health through running programs and awareness activities. They partner with schools and community organizations to undertake recreational youth run groups in support of mental health.
Team Unbreakable’s mission is to reduce the stigma of youth mental illness, build awareness of the issues and promote the positive aspects of physical health on mental health.
Space is limited! Tickets must be purchased via Eventbrite in order to reserve your spot.
MEET THE MODERATOR: Kate Van Buskirk @k8vbeast
Kate Van Buskirk is a Toronto-based Team Canada track athlete. Her primary events are the 1500m and 5000m, although she has enjoyed success in events ranging from 800m to 10-mile road races. Kate is a 2-time National Champion, the former national record holder in the indoor mile, and won bronze medals at the 2014 Commonwealth Games and 2018 NACAC Championships. Kate currently works for Canadian Running Magazine as the host and producer of their podcast, The Shakeout.
Your ticket enters you in a draw for door prizes including…
o A pair of Nike Vaporfly 4% shoes
o Apple Watch
o Nike prize packs
o Race entry to Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend 2019
o Services at The Runner’s Academy (registered massage therapy, gait analysis, strength training, AlterG anti-gravity treadmill session)